By the terms of a diresome pact I have sworn to create a "poltergeist form" for friend of the blog Maxcan7's upcoming Maximum Recursion Depth game (get hype!)1.
It's all quite complex and psychological and whatnot so I'm not going to try explaining anything here. If you're not already familiar with the game I recommend checking out MRD and Max's work in general. To pique your interest, here's a list of names for the poltergeist forms he's written:
Afterbirth of the Broken Machine Dragon
Crashing Rocket Nixie
Pyramid Shines Brightly
Ghost in the Mirror
On a Full Moon an Ichor Heart
Jumping from the Planck Jiangshi
Glass Maiden Pixie
Without further ado, the Bottom of the Bottle Alchemist:
Your Poltergeist Form is an elemental of everted humours. You're incomplete, so you take in shit and venom through empty holes and struggle to uplift it faster than it degrades you. Your Karmic power comes from your contamination and purification of your self, the great work of fulfilling the promise of your body and soul.
1. Patches of your skin are a trypophobic's nightmare.
2. Warning labels blur into illegibility around you.
3. Bulging bubbles seem to form and flow through your veins.
4. Others sometimes see you double, your doubles expressing something you lack.
5. Moldy stains follow you.
6. Your breath stinks like bile.
Starting Karmic Attachments
1. You're addicted to something that hurts you.
2. You witnessed something terrible and preventable happen but were too fucked up to stop it.
3. You're a perfectionist, and would prefer to burn something down than half-ass it.
4. You left a friend behind who fell in deeper than you.
5. You're chasing how good things used to feel.
6. You think too much, second-guess everything, and can't solve that without shutting your brain off entirely.
1. Chug bleach, or hydrofluoric acid, anything that'll kill you in a few gulps.
2. Crash a vehicle going way over the speed limit.
3. Dehydrate or starve to death.
4. Mix together something that blows you up.
1. Thousand Poisons Vessel: Vomit up all the nasty little things you've got inside you in a torrent of centipedes, spiders, toads, and scorpions. Deals d6.
2. Stigma Transfusion: If someone's got bleeding wounds you can touch the wounds to transfer them onto your own body. If you've got bleeding wounds you can transfer them to someone you're touching who's drunk blood from them.
3. Nasal Destruction: You can sniff out toxic chemicals, gasoline, explosives, and the like.
4. Contact High: Swap spit or breath with someone to inflict an exaggerated version of one of your compulsions on them for a short time.
5. Cavity Search-Space: You can safely fit way more inside your body than should be physically possible.
6. Sophist's Stone: Agitate a small sample of some substance to make it start behaving like a similar substance or state (water-to-wine, rock-to-magma). The transmutation is partial and confused in ways that tend to hinder you, like it can't remember which it's supposed to be.
7. Rebis Regia: Embrace someone willing to fuse together into a synthesis of the two of you for a short time. Come away after that with bits and pieces of each other.